Terms & Conditions
For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean The Handy Ninja.
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom instructed the Company to carry out works &/or supply materials.
1. A deposit of 50% by the Customer will be required before work commences. All deposits received are non-refundable.
2. Materials remain the property of the Company until invoice/s have been settled in full.
3. Estimates are valid for 1 month from the date noted on Estimate/s.
4. Estimates for work not yet undertaken serve as a guideline only. Estimates may be subject to change. Any additional works are to be priced and agreed before that work commences, in either written or verbal form.
5.Where a written estimate has been supplied to the Customer the total charge to the Customer referred to in the estimate should not exceed the actual time/cost taken by more than 20% but may be revised in the following circumstances:—
(i) if after submission of the estimate the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the estimate.
(ii) if after submission of the estimate there is an increase in the price of materials.
(iii) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared .
(iv) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was prepared.
6. Any relevant parking and Congestion Charges will be added to the final invoice.
7. All works carried out by the Company carry a one year guarantee.
8. All materials also carry a 1 year guarantee unless stated by the manufacture.
9. In the circumstance where an organisation has instructed works on behalf of their customer or client, the organisation is liable for all payments.
10. Time taken to collect, order and source materials is billable as per the Company’s relevant hourly rates.
11. Invoices are due for payment as per the Due Date noted on the invoice. Any part of that invoice which remains unpaid past the Due Date shall carry interest at the rate of 8.5% until payment in full is received by the Company. A £70 late payment compensation fee will also be added to any overdue Invoices.
12. Where a date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the non attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/engineer or for the late or non delivery of materials.
13. If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 1 month to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify the Company as aforesaid, or refuses an opportunity for the Company to inspect and rectify any issues, then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
14. Where an agreed Estimate significantly deviates from its original specification, due to unforeseen circumstances/occurrences, the original estimate and agreement will therefore render the Estimate null and void.
15. The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturers warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence.
(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.